Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Learning Forgiveness

So life in general has been pretty good lately. However, I found out that forgiveness is the key to making sure your blessings from God come through. I was aware of this, but not in the fullest extent of its meaning. I recently had to search my soul to see where I may have carried unforgiveness. After some soul searching, praying, fasting, and crying I found that I still had some areas in my life that I had not totally forgiven for. I mean this was stuff from a very long time ago, things that my mother made me angry about or things that my father said to me. I learned that by keeping those thoughts in my heart and remaining unforgiving allowed for other things to happen in my life that I did not like. Unforgiveness caused my blessings to be delayed and therefore I was not walking in the perfected will of God. I realized that it was not my desire to stay in a state of unforgiveness so I took it upon myself to call them and let them know that I forgive them, whether they received it or not I had to wash my hands and heart of the hurt and pain that was still there. There was a time when I thought that I had totally forgiven but when a certain situation was brought up I would still feel the negative emotions connected to it. Now that I have forgiven my parents, relatives, ex-boyfriends, and associates (all of those that I have not forgiven), I feel free. I feel like it doesn't matter what has been said or done to me in the past, its done, its over, and I forgive. So now I feel that the things that I have been believing God for can finally take place in my life. 2007 was definitely a year of completion for me and I believe that I have completed the task of forgiving those who affected me in a negative way. Now that it has been completed I feel God can open up the windows of heaven and pour out his blessings upon me. So for those of you that are reading this, I pray that you can complete the task of forgiving others who have negatively affected you so you can allow God room to grow in your heart. By forgiving others and clearing your heart of all animosity you can begin to receive whole heartedly the blessings that God has for you in your life. Be blessed and forgive those who have trespassed against you as Your Father in Heaven has Forgiven You. Many blessing to you.

~Tamishia~

No comments:

Post a Comment