Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so they say. But what if the one that's beholding you cannot truly appreciate all of your beautiful aspects, aside from your outward appearance, then what? I remember there was a time when I was so focused on what the opposite sex felt our thought about me. I was so consumed with making my self more attractive in as many ways possible. I did this in many ways by the way I dressed, how my make-up was, even down to making it the reason why I'm on a weight loss journey. But then I had to re-evaluate who is really beholding me as beautiful. I realized it doesn't matter how much I fix up and change this hollow shell which is the body my spirit lives in, if the man I am seeking to be loved by, to be complimented by, treasured by, can't see beyond my outer beauty what's the use? I'm not saying that its not good to be concerned about your outward appearance, but be concerned about it to make yourself feel good not the man you are trying to attract. Besides, our Father in heaven beholds you as fearfully and wonderfully made, he loves you when you are looking your worst with your hair all over your head and no make-up on. Simply changing our thought pattern of who is truly beholding our beauty will help us realize that it's not just the outer woman/man that matters, but the inner woman/man matters more. You could be the most beautiful person on the outside, but if your spirit is evil real beauty isn't there. I know some really beautiful people who are really ugly on the inside and they walk around judging everyone else, when really they are not happy with themselves in one way or another. See God beholds you in your true beauty the beauty that radiates from within, if you are ugly inside that's all He sees, if you are beautiful inside, that's all He sees. God can even take you and remake you and mold you into being wonderfully made, even if you do have flaws, He can fix them. Even if you are truly unkind and ugly inside, if you surrender yourself to Him, He will completely rearrange you so you are beautiful in His sight. So who is beholding your beauty? Begin to believe that you are fearfully and wonderfully made in the sight of God and you will begin to see it manifest in how you are physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Be Blessed,

~Tamishia~

No comments:

Post a Comment